NBA and Basketball Culture

     Hi everyone, I hope You are having a good day. Today, we will talk about NBA and basketball culture. As you know this culture is very similar to the American culture regarding clothing, music, and lifestyle... As I write in my first writing, I am from Turkey but this culture affected me and my environment a lot. My generation adopts this culture very well. You can see that in any country. My country's culture is very different but it could not be a problem with that. Let's examine this culture.

    What do you think when I said Allen Iverson or The Answer? Yeah man, he created this culture. He was drafted in 1996 and he became a star thanks to his playing style first. He had a playing style that was easy to eyes. He became famous thanks to that. After that, everyone noticed that he was different. Tattoos were not very common in those years and he had lots of meaningful tattoos and everyone loved that. This did not create thanks to only tattoos. He was playing with the rastas that his mother had made. He came from the streets and this behavior was liked by the media. After that, he became an idol for every boy who related to basketball. Everyone was wearing like him, Reebok company become popular thanks to his shoes, and everybody was wearing his finger sleeves and his armbands. He becomes NBA's face in those years. As you know, USA's Hip-Hop culture is elite. He had similarities with this culture. He had made singles and joined this convoy. I can say there are a lot of players who help to create a new basketball culture but AI3 is the first name for that.

    The other name is Jordan, notorious AIR Jordan. I will not talk about his career or other basketball issues. I will talk about his style. As you know, He is the owner of Air Jordan company. When he was a player, he wanted to wear his own shoes, but that was forbidden by NBA. Players could not make their advertisements on the court. He fought about that and won. As you know, he was a winner and everybody loves winners, everybody wants to become like them. He was an idol. When he retired, his company grew up. He designed clothes that serve the basketball culture. This company's items were liked by everyone and he helped this culture. 

    In this writing, I write about NBA culture. As you know this culture is huge, nobody can fit this in short writing but I wanted to make brief. Definitely, I will write about that next weeks. That's all for this writing. Stay with basketball.

Comments

Popular Posts